HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR AYAHUASCA CEREMONY?
In order to get the most out of the retreat, it can be extremely beneficial to have a regular meditation and/or yoga practice, to spend lots of time in nature and to eat as healthy and organic as possible. This can help calm the nervous system and create balance in the mind/body. If these practices are not already a part of your daily life, this preparation can begin days or even weeks ahead of the retreat start date – the sooner the better. (If for whatever reason, you cannot manage to prepare ahead of time, do not worry – it is not absolutely essential. But the physical preparation is crucial)
Ayahuasca has been reported to interact on some occasions with foods containing tyramine which is found mainly in aged cheeses, soy sauce, peanut butter and other fermented, aged, cured or pickled foods causing hypertension. Ayahuasca should be preceded by a diet of fresh fruits and vegetables or fasting to avoid any ill effects and to limit the discomfort of vomiting as well as no food except a light breakfast on the days of ceremony.
We recommend that you abstain from the following prior to, during and after your retreat:
Reﬁned sugars, red meat, salt or pepper, candy or chocolate, oils, animal fats (lard), sodas, energy drinks, non-alcoholic beer, dairy produce, fermented foods, caffeine.
-If possible, replace synthetic/chemical-filled body products with organic ones.
– Sugar and sweets
– All meat, fish and eggs which are not fresh
– Red meat
– Pork (please abstain for a minimum of two weeks before and after ceremony)
– Dry and fermented sausage (bologna, salami, pepperoni, corned beef, and liver)
– Pickled herring and salted dried fish
– Meat extracts
– Chilies or other hot peppers
– Alcohol – You should abstain from drinking alcohol for a minimum of one week before and after your ceremony
– Marihuana (Cannabis Sativa)
– Fizzy drinks (including “diet” sodas, as these contain NutraSweet/Aspartame and other sweeteners)
– Beer and non-alcoholic beer
– Caffeine drinks including coffee, cola, and energy drinks
– Ice, ice cream, or ice cold drinks.
-No prescription drugs during retreat if possible.
-Sexual activities of any kind, including masturbation
-Only if it’s possible try to use organic toiletries, stop the use of synthetic soaps, perfumes, chemical toiletries, etc. But is not indispensable.
AVOID THESE WESTERN DRUGS
The following medications are potentially dangerous with Ayahuasca:
– Antidepressants containing Selective Serotonine Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRI’s) such as the herb Kanna (Sceletium tortuosum) and pills such as (Seroxat), fluoxetine (Prozac), citalopram (Cipramil), fluvoxamine (Fevarin) and sertraline (Zoloft). CNS (central nervous system) depressants
– Antihypertensives (high blood pressure medicine)
-Appetite suppressants (diet pills)
– SSRI’s (any selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitor)
– Dextromethorphan (DXM)
– Migraine medicines
– Allergy medicines
– Paracetomol and Panadol
– Over the counter cough medicines
– Amphetamines (speed, meth-, dex-, amphetamine )
– MDMA (Ecstasy)/MDA/MDEA/PMA
– Alcohol – Ephedra/ ephedrine (EPH)
– Pseudoephedrine (PSE) – commonly found in decongestants
– Phentermine (This appetite suppressant drug is known by numerous commercial names. For clarification, please check your medication or ask your doctor)
– Nasal sprays (Vicks Sinex, Prevalin or Otrivin)
– Other MAO-inhibitors
IMPORTANT: If you are on any such medication you must discuss this with Peru Shamans center administration before committing to a retreat, so we can plan the best and safest course of action with you. For women, if you are pregnant you will not be able to participate in a retreat. For female participants who are menstruating during the retreat, it is important to let us know so the shaman can take precautions.
LISTEN YOUR INNER SELF
Our main recommendations are to practice meditation and other techniques to have control of your mind to relax and find peace, this will help you to have a better journey and receive the real information that Ayahuasca plant wants to give you, instead of your own ideas creation.
The best you can do for yourself is to have clear intentions, to release your expectations, concentrate, open your heart to receive what the sacred plant has to offer, be humble with your actions, forgive yourself and others who interact in your life but forgive with the heart, trust in yourself none will heal you or help you but yourself, so trust.
MY FIRST TIME WITH AYAHUASCA CEREMONY
Many people think their first meeting with the sacred plant Ayahuasca, it is the worst experience they had, because mostly , our bodies are not prepared in a right way (purified and clean enough) to have the connection with the spiritual world , and also because our minds are not ready to realized that there are other dimensions and worlds from this one, if you heard that other people says Ayahuasca was a bad experience for them is because they did not have the right guidance and the help to understand that the process indeed it is not necessarily pleasant.
Mostly in the second or third ceremony they will appreciate and say thanks to the medicine and feel better with their selves, we can say that it will not be easy but it will be very rewarded. If you are feeling that you truly want to start this path, listen to your inner self with your open heart and do it consciously, the medicine will reward you and you will be blessed. Please take in mind that each body is completely different from others and the journey could variety. But at the end you will have the same healing effects.
Do not do it just because you just want to try, there are other chemicals substances that can alters your conscious too and are going to give you visuals and a suppose psychological work, as DMT, LSD, etc but be careful, because in many cases we noticed people end up in negative consequences due to this chemical consumptions. Remember, nature has thousands of thousands of years of evolution and chemical substances created by humans just have some few years of existence.
The Ayahuasca is a medicine plant used for hundreds of years and many cultures accepted and discovered what she wants to help you, giving you a journey, a dream, a complete different happy and healthy life.